FAVOURITE

Mui Ne Sunrise Sand Dunes

Tuesday 4 July 2017

In the Clouds over Coconut Coffee Smoothie

Ever thought of being in the clouds over the combination of coconut, coffee and an awesome friend?

It was a hot day and I was walking in the streets of Saigon.  I thought I needed cold drinks, so I get inside to the first random decent coffee shop I saw.  

Coconut Coffee Smoothie with Mr. Clouds
in Hanoi's expat area Tay Ho.  
I said decent because there are thousands of cafĂ© in Saigon but only few that I can hang around comfortably.  And by saying comfortably, it means spacious, not a lot of people smoking, neat and clean.

I was browsing the menu and my eyes grow big, smiling as I uttered under my breath “ohhh I know where I am, Cong Caphe”!!

I knew where I was, not because I read the name of the establishment in the cover of the menu but because I saw Coconut Coffee Smoothie in the list.

I can’t of course forget Coconut Coffee Smoothie! Nice and refreshing drink plus it brings me happy memories. Oh well, it reminded me of my last encounter with Mr. Clouds actually.



Here’s our story of Coconut Coffee Smoothie.  Few times, Mr. Clouds asked me whether I tried the Coconut Coffee Smoothie of Cong Caphe.  
It's in Saigon, so there's no Vietnamese Flag
on my Coconut Coffee Smoothie.  

I haven’t, so I didn’t really pay attention when I answered "no".  I don’t actually fancy digging up information or providing information to Mr. Clouds.

Re: example why would I talk more about Coconut Coffee Smoothie when I don’t know if I can visit the same establishment he tried it with? It’s the same with other personal information.  I avoid asking even though Mr. Clouds mentioned something that I could ask. 

 For me, it’s going nowhere as there’s “no we”, so why ask? I don’t want to destroy the moment of happiness I was experiencing, so the less I know the better.  That’s my philosophy.   

But I was wrong with Coconut Coffee Smoothie though. WE had five glasses of them before we parted and to think, I thought I couldn’t try it with him!  He brought me to Cong Caphe for our last hours together.  Of course, to introduce the Coconut Coffee Smoothie he bragged about few times and geographic convenience when we were choosing common ground to say our last goodbyes. 
    

Cong Caphe in Saigon's busy streets Bui Vien 
After he left, I never skipped visiting Cong Caphe for Coconut Coffee Smoothie every time I am in Hanoi. It’s heaven for me now.  Heaven, not because it was introduced by Mr. Clouds but the combination of Coffee and Coconut are refreshing. 

Iced coffee in Vietnam is quite strong but if you are like me, who can have palpitation with strong coffee, then Coconut Coffee Smoothie is just perfect.

I was told only Cong Caphe offers Coconut Coffee Smoothie, that’s why I said I knew where I was when I saw it in the menu.  I would never get to know of Coconut Coffee Smoothie had it not been for my last three hours with Mr. Clouds at Cong Caphe.  

The last three hours were heaven despite that it was a sweet goodbye without knowing if our paths will cross again.  Why I said heaven? Why not? I was with Mr. Clouds who was a plus factor while drinking my Coconut Coffee Smoothie. :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment