FAVOURITE

Mui Ne Sunrise Sand Dunes

Wednesday 21 June 2017

“Live out of a suitcase”

Suites, beachfront deluxe room, garden view premium room or standard room has now become my regular bedroom.  

The busier the resort is the more I stayed in suites or the expensive categories of rooms.

 I am a hotelier and I am in-house when I am onsite, what can I do?  The regular category of rooms can get filled in fast, so I have to move to whatever guest room is available. 

Oftentimes though, I don’t have a choice but to sleep in one bedroom suites.  Fancy, isn’t it?  Oh well you’ll be jealous, it’s free. J But don’t get excited because it comes with responsibilities of my job, handling hotel and resort operations.  It sounded fancy but really I don’t feel it that way unless perhaps I am on holiday and just staying in nice rooms on leisure.  But it’s not.

The consequence is that I have to live out of a suitcase. I never unpacked because I know I will be changing rooms anytime the occupancy forecast turns high.

I have one small luggage for my clothes and one small luggage for shoes and other stuff. I just take out the clothes I will wear for the day and let the housekeeping iron it.  

The rest of the stuff stays in my luggage. So there goes that part of me who live out of a suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment