FAVOURITE

Mui Ne Sunrise Sand Dunes

Saturday 29 July 2017

A HOTELIER'S ODD EXPERIENCE

Are you a hotelier? If not, I’ll share to you a bit of my odd experience in the industry which other hoteliers, I’m sure similarly experience:

  GHOSTS?

1.       In the lobby toilet: While seating on the bowl I heard the other door open. Few seconds the water was running. No footsteps, so I looked at the shiny floor expecting to see a shadow but no shadow of the other person as well. There were seven cubicle type of toilets in women’s restroom.  The type of door was open at least two inches from the floor. Finding it weird that I didn’t hear footsteps, nor see a shadow of the other person whom I thought just came out from the other toilet booth. I peeked at the open part of the door. I saw no one but the water was running. I didn’t finish my business I just ran out of the women’s restroom.   
2.       Typically, a senior manager is always accommodated in the hotel especially if the owners relied heavily its business to the people they installed to run the property.  I am no exemption to that. For the past 3 years I have been living in the properties I worked with. In three rooms I stayed with in various properties, I had this experience:
Room 1: 2AM someone knocked at the door. I thought it was front office having problem with the guests, so I opened the door. No one was there.  It did not happen only once or twice but several times, so I moved to another room.
Room 2:  While sleeping cold breeze touched my legs, I woke up and remembered the AC was on but why was a cold breeze hit my skin? First time it happened, I let it go.  But it did not happen only once, so the third time I moved to another room.
Room 3: I always put my phone next to my pillow as there were times the graveyard shift staff will call for assistance or immediate decisions in handling guest complaints.  Every morning I woke up, my phone was either under the bed or next to the TV.  It did not happen only once or twice, so by the 5th time I moved to another room.

HOTEL GUESTS GOING NUTS

1.       An English guest almost midnight came back to the hotel drunk went into the elevator. Everyone thought he went into his room. Security after 5 minutes went to the reception to inform that a man get naked in the elevator throw his clothes and lie down to sleep. The reception and security went to the elevator and assist the guy to put his clothes back but he refused and even doesn’t want to get out of the elevator shouting to leave him alone and let him sleep. They let him sleep and at 3 am he went to his room.

2.       A Korean man came back to the hotel drunk went into his room. Two hours after he came down to the lobby naked but covered with shit all over his body.   Everyone was running away from him but the security was obliged to pull him out of the lobby and brought him to the bathroom. He was brought back to his room but when the security and reception opened the door, the room stinks.  Shits were everywhere from bed to wall, to windows. The Korean tour leader came and explained he scooped his shit and threw it everywhere in the room. He went nuts because his wife left him and took their kids with her.  The guy ended up paying 1,000USD for deep cleaning and replacement of the wall paper in the room.
3.     
          New swimming pool wait staff was a monk who came straight from the monastery on his first day of work. Two Russian guests went to the swimming pool mid-afternoon, get naked with no clothing left.  They went swimming and called the wait staff to order drinks. The new wait staff who just came out from Buddhist monastery ran to the restaurant for help. He refused to go near the naked Russians, so he didn’t take the order.  One of the naked man came out from the pool angrily demand drinks menu.  The former monk accompanied by restaurant staff refused to look at the naked man infront of them. The next day he sent a message to the F&B manager, he doesn’t want to work anymore.


These are few of the odd experiences I had in working and living in the hotel.  If you travel often, I guess you have your own odd experience too. What's yours?   It would be nice and fun if you can share it with me! Try at this email address gmorientalsaigon@gmail.com.  Hope to hear from you!    

No comments:

Post a Comment