FAVOURITE

Mui Ne Sunrise Sand Dunes

Sunday 20 August 2017

Random thoughts: How calculated are you?

It’s Sunday, a usual routine for me at work.  When I got the chance to sit down, I realized the sky looked lovely. It’s been a while since I thought about Mr. Clouds but the smiling blue sky reminded me of him.  I can only smile and wish him well wherever he is.  Life has a lot of twists and turns, there’s no such thing as well prepared. 


I think I can only be well prepared at work. I have been in the food and beverage industry and the name of the game is all about preparation.  F&B intakes a lot of details from table set up to the kitchen and if I wasn’t well prepared, the standard of service can go down which is not good for the business.

After working in the F&B industry, I have mastered the preparation aspect of the job. However, when it comes to life, no matter how calculated I am it doesn’t work.  The more I calculate how I respond to the situation the more screwed up I am, so I decided to give up calculating. 

Every morning I wake up, I turned  my mp3 on and dance.  When I do my morning rounds, I look at my surrounding and take pictures of every simple thing that I find beautiful.  When I am done with my daily tasks, I put on my shoes and do a walk and run plus sunset watch.  At night before going to sleep I play with my phone and create imovies from the photos I collected.

 I never thought of going out on a date anymore. My heart now becomes selective.  I have an awesome career and freedom. I went out with Mr. Clouds colleagues one time and I was in my bubbly mood when one of them asked, “don’t you get lonely being just by yourself”?


The question has no bearing to me until today when I looked at the beautiful clouds.  Yes, I can get lonely and miss that person who made me feel so special. The one person who made me laugh with horror stories from zombies in the island to plane crashes.   Unfortunately, life has its twist and turns and like I always told myself 1+1 equals 2. It’s not 1+1 equals 3 or 4.  


To simplify it, if a person is nowhere near me then he can't be reached at all.  It's as simple as that, isn’t it? I always remind myself, it doesn't need a rocket science to know that.

 I can get lonely with that but then again, life is not that cruel at all. I have my passion of documenting the experiences I encountered in all places I visited.  Like my note when I created this blog, life for me became words, photographs and memories.  

 Writing my thoughts and documenting my travel made me happy. I am just a human being, so I give myself time to be lonely and sad too.  I know in my trips one day I can bump into someone who knows how to make me laugh out of horror stories.  It doesn’t need preparation, does it?  Now tell me, how calculated are you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment