FAVOURITE

Mui Ne Sunrise Sand Dunes

Sunday 3 December 2017

Amazing Unknown?


Few years ago, I developed a therapy on recovering fast from any breakup by listening to pop, reggae, disco or rock music. 

I can get myself lost with music just by dancing and swaying until I get tired and immediately sleep like a baby once my head hit the pillow. 

Today, I am back to that mood listening to Desmeon’s Undone song, dancing with it as it reverberated in my room, hopefully no complaints lodge against me to the management of The Manor Residence.  I just moved in, so I don’t know who my neighbors are yet. :-) 

After few years jumping from one assignment to another, mostly north and central Vietnam, I am back to Saigon. 

A pilot friend once told me, pilots life can be challenging the fact that they kept moving from one place to another every six months. He said it can be lonely with family far from them.

And what’s that got to do with me? I mentioned that because I felt that my career in the hospitality industry is no difference at all.  

Every now and then I kept moving, shortest was two months. For single like me, it has a plus and minus. The plus is the perks are good.  As an Asian woman I am way more lucky among others, I can afford to travel wherever I want and be as posh as I can without worries. 

The minus is, I can’t established real friendship or relationship and it can get lonely after work. I miss those days I have someone who gives me the attention I needed, someone I can laugh and play with like a child. Or a group of friends that I can hang out with.

As I grow older though I become matured in handling situations like this.  I always look at the positive side otherwise I’ll be overwhelmed with loneliness after work. 

Surprisingly, I’ve learned few things about myself too. My relationships, all failed I guess (lol) ranged from most gentle to the most unstable with very interesting challenges in between that made me realize my mistakes. 

It taught me what my journey was all about. 

I have been blessed to enjoy the luxury and privileged of having someone to think of. I said privilege because no matter how unstable things were, I’ve learned how to appreciate the beauty  of its experience which we could not always have. 

I know my women friends will disagree on that but be kind ladies! I’ve learned how to be gentle to myself with those experience. It made me think of the unknown (on a personal journey) to be amazing.  

Why? Number one, I know men are complicated and I have learned how to be patient with them. I’ve learned how to respect and let go.  Though I must admit recently was a real struggle, with six times times goodbye (lol), but I did respect his wishes.  I let him be happy without my existence knowing he found himself already.  I miss my “kiddo” title though lol. 

I’ve learned how to be sexy and confident around men even without make up :-). I’ve learned how to communicate my pain without offending anybody. And most of all I’ve learned how to love. :-)

What I haven’t learned yet is to keep my mouth shut when I am with a man (lol). What I am saying is this quote “less is more, more is less”.  Me, when happy or overwhelmed tend to talk more which I realize it makes me less desirable of a woman. :-)



Anyway, it’s a beautiful learning experience for me. And now I am singing and dancing Desmeon’s Undone song which perhaps, for few weeks will be reverberating in my room’s wall after work.  My soul is free and I look forward to the unknown, whatever would that be, I am sure it would be amazing!  

No comments:

Post a Comment